- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Companion to PLBIO 3430 with laboratory activities that focus on the practice of plant biotechnology. Students construct transgenes using recombinant DNA methods, transfer genes to plants by a variety of approaches including tissue culture-based methods, assess the integration of transgenes in the host genome and analyze their expression by use of reporter gene assays and by preparing and analyzing nucleic acids. Students will also gain basic skills in bioinformatics.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or recommended corequisite: PLBIO 3430 or permission of instructor.
- Describe the fundamental concepts underlying modern plant molecular biology.
- Gain hands-on experience in implementing methods typically used in plant molecular biological studies.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: PLBIO 5431
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- T Plant Science Building 102
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.