- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Integrated and interdisciplinary study of the processes that contribute to the growth, competition, and reproduction of plants. Topics include, but are not limited to, plant-water relations, membrane properties and processes, photosynthesis, plant respiration, mineral and organic nutrition, stress physiology, control of growth and development, and responses to the environment. Emphasis is on the relationship between structure and function from the molecular to the whole-plant level.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOG 1140 or BIOG 1440, plus PLSCI 1420 and PLBIO 2410, or permission of instructor. Corequisite: PLBIO 3421.
- Describe, and give relevant examples of, how each process in a plant integrates with other relevant processes to determine the overall response of the plant to a particular set of conditions.
- Demonstrate how energy affects processes at all levels of biological organization from the molecule and cell to organisms and ecosystems.
- Predict how the basic rules of chemistry and physics constrain the physiological behavior of plants.
- Explain how cells/organisms perceive and respond to their environment, and the signal transduction, intercellular communication and information processing mechanisms involved.
- Explain how evolution underlies all aspects of biology and accounts for the unity and diversity of life.
- Discuss new findings and newly discovered mechanisms and signaling pathways that are shaping our understanding of plant development, and plant responses to the environment.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: PLBIO 5420
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Bradfield Hall 105
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: BIOG 1140 or BIOG 1440, plus PLSCI 1420 and PLBIO 2410, or permission of instructor. Corequisite: PLBIO 3421.
Disabled for this roster.