- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Biological subjects presented in Hollywood films. Lecture topics include the scientific method, Darwinism, development, paleobiology, animal cloning, genome sequencing, forensic DNA, artificial intelligence, eugenics, and epidemiology as background to discussions of their presentation in selected films. Themes: Genetics/Genomics; Evolution; Development; Epidemiology; Physical Anthropology; and Genetic Engineering. Does not fulfill any requirement of the biology major.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (BIONLS-AG)
- Analyze and discuss a wide variety of biological concepts, methodologies, and theories--and their cultural and ethical implications--as confronted in cinema, the popular media, and modern society.
- Explain biological concepts to a lay audience via written and oral communication.
- Describe the scientific method as a human activity designed to test hypotheses about the natural world.
- Discuss the theory of biological evolution as a foundational concept to understanding all biological principles.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Bradfield Hall 105
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.