- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
In the coming decades machine intelligence will transform the economy, society, and global politics. This course will study these processes and the political challenges to the development of beneficial AI. Topics will include problems in AI safety; effects on- and of inequality and technological unemployment; the strategic and tactical impacts of autonomous weapons, cyberweapons, and AI-enabled intelligence operations; global institutions for providing global public goods, the legitimate aggregation of preferences, and the beneficial governance of AI development.
When Offered Spring.
- To become familiar with the arguments and methods deployed in the readings.
- To practice our critical analysis, so that we can better identify weaknesses in the theory, methods, or empirics of other research, including our own.
- To inspire new ideas and research directions.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: INFO 4210
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Savage Hall 100
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.