- Schedule of Classes - January 28, 2023 7:34PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 28, 2023 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This experiential learning course will provide the opportunity for students to work as a team on some of the leading questions in the area of sustainable finance and impact investing today, while developing skills in client relationship management and project execution. Students will work with experts at South Pole, a leading sustainable finance firm based in Zurich, Switzerland, to develop and propose a financial product intended to deliver both economic as well as environmental and social returns. Specifically, the student team will be charged with conceptualizing and proposing a fund focused on investments in companies and projects in the area of sustainable tourism. Note that this is a multi-semester course open to students enrolled in CIPA's Environmental Finance and Impact Investing (EFII) Fellows Program. Students must take PADM 5978 (EFII Pre-Sessional) before enrolling in PADM 5979.
When Offered Winter, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PADM 5978.
Distribution Category (SBA-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Define how the tools of finance can be used to address societal challenges such as ensuring the long-term sustainability of ecosystems.
- Identify opportunities to leverage the power of the investment markets to achieve environmental and social outcomes, by unlocking cash flows inherent to preserved or sustainably-managed ecosystems.
- Critically examine investment propositions in the impact investing space and identify the non-economic returns they deliver.
- Collaborate with an external client to deliver a product that is responsive to the client's needs and meets its expectations.
- Conceptualize, articulate, and propose a financial product that delivers both economic and environmental and social returns to investors.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
0.5-2.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- M M Van Rensselaer Hall 1157
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: