- Schedule of Classes - January 28, 2023 7:34PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 28, 2023 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course is a real-world immersion experience into the kind of work Fellows will undertake. Dealing with wicked and non-trivial problems in large and complex systems where the "client" may or may not be ambiguous, the work may or may not be "contracted" and the product may or may not be "welcomed." Deliverables for the course include a single, team-based Professional Report and a Professional Presentation. These products will summarize the results of the STML Fellows research and propose a framework for clients to understand and act upon the problem using systems thinking and leadership methods. The report relies heavily on a review of the literature on the topic, Fellows' discussions and interviews with experts in the field, and their own original analysis.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment in CIPA's Systems Thinking, Modeling, and Leadership (STML) Fellows Program required.
Distribution Category (KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will apply quantitative and qualitative mixed research methods to an on-the-ground experience utilizing the Knowledge Methods Matrix (KMM); students will apply systems thinking (ST-DSRP) concepts to observing, understanding, and analyzing a complex systemic problem set; students will apply systems mapping (SM) process to observing, understanding, and analyzing a complex systemic problem set.
- Students will apply systems leadership (VMCL) functions to observing, understanding, and analyzing a complex systemic problem set, as well as to increase functionality of the group workflows and dynamics.
- Students will work with a team to develop a new analytical tool for policy makers (clients); and work with a team to deliver a professional conference presentation (recorded) and publish the results of fieldwork in a journal.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F M Van Rensselaer Hall G151
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: