- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This graduate-level course provides an overview of the area of corporate responsibility, with particular emphasis on the finance industry. The focus will be on understanding how a growing recognition of the challenge of sustainability affects corporate behavior. Through a combination of classroom presentations, discussion of assigned reading and case studies, and independent research, students will learn about the most important themes at the intersection of business and sustainability, including environmental and social risk management, sustainability initiatives and self-regulation in the corporate sector, stakeholder engagement and management, and the growth of sustainable business, including environmental finance and impact investing.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: MPA students; Masters, PhD and advanced undergraduates by permission of instructor.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: CIPA students who did not pass the English Language Assessment offered by CIPA during orientation are required to take PADM 5051, PADM 5053, or PADM 5055.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
Comments This course is reading and writing-intensive.Outcomes
- Students will understand the key trends in the broad field of corporate sustainability and the risks and opportunities that result from a growing public awareness of the environmental and social impacts of corporate activity.
- Students will recognize sustainability risks associated with particular corporate activities and will be able to propose actions that mitigate those risks.
- Students will be able to critically examine the interactions between corporate entities and their peers, regulators, the public, and their other stakeholders, and to recognize opportunities for improving the outcomes of those interactions.
- Students will be able to identify ways in which the tools of finance can be leveraged to better manage natural resources and attain particular social objectives.
Or send this URL: