- Schedule of Classes - January 28, 2023 7:34PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 28, 2023 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course serves as an introduction to systems thinking methods and technical tools that are foundational to all other advanced EMPA coursework. This course focuses on answering three essential questions: (1) Why does systems thinking exist (i.e., its promise and popularity)? (2) What is systems thinking? (3) How do we do systems thinking? We also explore two subsequent questions: (4) How do we apply systems thinking to personal mastery and professional development? (5) How do we apply systems thinking to the social and policy challenges we face?
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: EMPA students.
Distribution Category (KCM-HE)
- Students will demonstrate a deep understanding of systems thinking and its application to public sector planning and management issues.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency with systems thinking modeling techniques.
- Students will be able to tackle complex problems from multiple perspectives that can get in the way of policy analysis, planning, evaluation, leadership, and management.
Or send this URL: