- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Covers basic solid state and semiconductor physics relevant for understanding electronic and optical devices. Topics include crystalline structures, bonding in atoms and solids, energy bands in solids, electron statistics and dynamics in energy bands, effective mass equation, carrier transport in solids, Boltzmann transport equation, semiconductor homo- and hetero-junctions, optical processes in semiconductors, electronic and optical properties of semiconductor nanostructures, semiconductor quantum wells, wires, and dots, electron transport in reduced dimensions, semiconductor lasers and optoelectronics, high-frequency response of electrons in solids and plasmons.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ECE 4060 or a course in basic quantum mechanics.
- Learn basic principles of solid state and semiconductor physics needed to understand modern electronic and photonic devices.
- Learn how engineering materials and structures at the nanoscale enables novel electronic and photonic properties for a wide variety of engineering applications.
- Learn the relationship between basic science and engineering applications.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Bard Hall 140
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: