- Schedule of Classes - June 3, 2023 7:52PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 3, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The focus of this course is the development of the fundamentals of nonlinear finite element analysis for continuum solids, spanning topics from finite element formulations, functional analysis, numerical solution techniques to aspects of practical implementation. Most natural phenomena are nonlinear, so the main aim of this course is the development of an adequate framework to model nonlinear phenomena in solids and obtain approximate solutions. We will focus on several problems for solid mechanics, including material nonlinearities, geometric nonlinearities, contact mechanics, and multiphysics problems. All assignments will include coding.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 5700 or equivalent or permission of instructor.
- Learning to develop nonlinear finite element formulations for problems in solid mechanics.
- Learning about nonlinear solution techniques.
- Learning practical finite element implementation details for nonlinear problems in solid mechanics.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: CEE 7750
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Upson Hall 102
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: