- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Selected topics in the analysis and design of vehicle components and vehicle systems. Emphasis on automobiles. Engines, transmissions, suspension, brakes, and aerodynamics are discussed. The course uses first principles and applies them to specific systems. The course is highly quantitative, using empirical and analytical approaches.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 2030 and ENGRD 2210, or permission of instructor.
- Students will be able to explain the fundamental concepts of intake air flow and valves for internal combustion spark ignition engines.
- Students will be able to perform calculations using efficiencies and fuel flow to estimate power and torque developed by IC engines.
- Students will be able to perform calculations estimating the power developed with turbochargers and superchargers.
- Students will be able to calculate the engine power and torque required to operate a vehicle under various loads.
- Students will be able to estimate braking performance given the parameters of the vehicle.
- Students will be able to calculate the stability and performance of vehicles with specified suspension geometries.
- Students will be able to calculate steering and ride performance, given vehicle parameters.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Upson Hall 142
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: