- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Introduction to air and rocket propulsion. Emphasis on air-breathing gas-turbines. Chemical rocket propulsion. Brief discussion of of ramjets and of propellers. Application of thermodynamic and fluid-mechanical principles to analysis of performance and design, including fuel efficiency and environmental impacts.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ENGRD 2210/MAE 2210 and MAE 3230 or equivalents. Recommended prerequisite: MAE 3050.
- Students will be able to describe and interpret the types, characteristics, and performance measures of combustion engines used in propulsion, power generation, and road vehicles.
- Students will be able to apply thermodynamic and fluid mechanical principles to quantitatively describe engine operation.
- Students will be able to predict how their performance depends on design parameters and operating conditions.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: MAE 4510
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Or send this URL: