- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
In this course, students participate in an experiential learning opportunity relevant to the student's focus of study or career goals in landscape architecture. A Landscape Architecture faculty member must serve as supervisor and complete the term grade report. Specific learning goals for the experience are arranged by the student with their internship faculty supervisor and the internship host prior to the start of the internship. All internship courses must adhere to the CALS Internship Guidelines.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: undergraduate Landscape Architecture students.
Comments Students must request enrollment via the online form. After approval, students will be manually enrolled by Registrar staff.Outcomes
- Become familiar with various design phases, from initial conception to implementation, either from the students' own experience in the office or via mentors and team members.
- Describe design thinking as a cyclical process of negotiation between often conflicting interests.
- Understand the role of collaboration within a professional office.
- Evaluate the experience acquired regarding major contributions of Landscape Architecture in terms of creating environments that are sustainable, bio-diverse and just.
- Explain how different methods within the same design process affect decision making and the quality of the outcome.
Project Session Full.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to undergraduate Landscape Architecture students. Students must request enrollment via the online form found here: https://cals.cornell.edu/undergraduate-students/student-services/academic-resources/special-studies-academic-policies-and-petitions-and-forms/undergraduate-special-studies-enrollment-non-structured-credit. After approval, students will be manually enrolled by Registrar staff.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.