- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course presents the student with an understanding of the emerging role of the professional landscape architect. The course helps students choose a type of practice and introduces the problems and opportunities one may encounter in an office or in other professional situations. Topics include the diversity of types of professional practice, marketing professional services, office and project management, construction administration, and ethics.
When Offered Spring.
- Define the types of industry work available to landscape architects (public, private, non-profit, and academic) and meet current practitioners through guest lectures.
- Describe the required skills in a landscape architecture firm (project management, construction documentation, construction administration, etc.).
- Summarize the legal responsibilities of landscape architects to public health, safety, and welfare (the law as it applies to landscape architects).
- Discuss political, ethical, and social implications of working as a landscape architect.
- Describe the professional licensure process and its implications (LARE, state licensure and professional organizations).
- Theorize and develop a personal career plan within the field of landscape architecture.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: LA 6120
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Kennedy Hall 213
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Landscape Architecture Majors ONLY.
Disabled for this roster.