- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This studio builds upon prior course work with an expectation that participants can creatively manipulate the program and conditions of a site or area, with increased emphasis on contemporary technology. The course focuses on the expression of design solutions that grow from and affirm an explicit sense of site and place. Social, cultural, physical, and historical factors and their relationship to site design and planning are critically explored through theory and practice.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Course fee: approximately $250 for supplies; international studios: $500.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
Comments Must have a grade of C- or better to advance to next studio in sequence.Outcomes
- Students will become familiar with and gain confidence in the design process as a method for solving site planning problems.
- Students will gain the ability to identify, analyze, and evaluate on-site and adjacent systems and their interactions.
- Students will be able to develop conceptual designs through three-dimensional models.
- Students will be able to expand conceptual design models into spatially defined and refined site plans.
- Students will develop representation skills to clearly communicate design intent.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Kennedy Hall G22
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.