- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course serves as an overview of hospitality project development and planning from the perspective of an owner and manager. Students learn about the role of the development team, feasibility studies, space programming, construction and renovation management, and functional and design criteria for hotels and restaurants. Teams will prepare program documentation for a new lodging property or concept.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: MMH students only.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies MMH core.Outcomes
- Students will critically evaluate a hospitality management problem and formulate a solution based on principles from a least two management disciplines.
- Students will analyze a management situation within a global hospitality context and defend a course of action.
- Students will create professional-quality written business documents.
- Students will plan and deliver a professional-quality oral presentation.
- Students will demonstrate effective behaviors within a diverse team based on their analysis of team needs.
- Students will evaluate the ethical consequences of their business decisions on various stakeholders.
- Students will demonstrate in-depth expertise in a self-selected area of the hospitality industry.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Statler Hall 265
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: MMH students.
Or send this URL: