- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Course is designed to explore strategies and instruction across three aspects of adult education: the Cooperative Extension Service as a structured delivery vehicle, outreach in more informal and non-traditional formats, and college instruction as a formal structure to deliver technical expertise. The intent is to develop a program to meet our target audience, then implement a plan that successfully meets the needs and expectations of instructor and participants alike. The graduate level option will incorporate workshop, outreach, and instructional presentations developed from the grad student's area of expertise. A unit plan of instruction will also be developed.
When Offered Spring.
- Students will become aware of differences and similarities across the audience profiles and develop targeted approaches to each.
- Students will gain understanding of the history and future development of extension programming and how it impacts instructional methods and opportunities.
- Students will develop a personal philosophy and vision for presenting technical information in a professional, yet approachable format that stimulates questions and further inquiry.
- Students will gain competency in selecting and integrating appropriate technological tools for instruction across a variety of audiences.
- Students will develop techniques to establish programming that differentiates presentations for a workshop, outreach program, and classroom presentation.
- Students will understand assessment strategies to verify learning objectives have been met and ascertain participant attitudes toward topics.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Kennedy Hall 213
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: