- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Modern society faces various issues which are all closely related to the ethical aspects of design: humanitarian crises, labor exploitation, injustice in the workplace, loss of diversity, over-consumption, pollution, lack of transparency and pseudo-solutions to name a few. This course will discuss various ethical issues in design that impact individuals, community/society, economies, cultures, social dynamics, and the environment. Students will identify and analyze critical ethical problems and explore solutions through class activities.
When Offered Spring.
- Think critically about the main fields of design practice, identifying the ethical challenges of each in terms of current environmental, social, and health crises.
- Investigate the impact of unethical design, production, and marketing practices on individuals, social groups, and the environment.
- Identify the difference between pseudo-solutions that mitigate the symptoms of harmful practices and those initiatives and approaches that address the harm caused by the current production and consumption systems.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: DEA 6800
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 1157
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: