- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The focus of this course is to create one-of-a kind and innovative fashion products by using 2D/3D software programs as well as methods (e.g., 3D printing, laser cutting & engraving). During the semester, experimental design samples will be prepared, and students will create full scale garments for their final projects. Readings and discussion topics will explore methods, creativity, and critical thinking.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Course fee: minimum $300 for materials.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1450, FSAD 2640, or FSAD 2650 or similar studio course experiences.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the digital technologies and production methods introduced in the class.
- Study a wide range of fashion design techniques and technologies to present your own knowledge and innovative ideas.
- Produce sample books and multiple prototypes as examples of iterative design thinking.
- Build your own aesthetics through design and construction practice.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Human Ecology Building T20
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: