- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
In this studio course we examine the process of creating a three-dimensional garment from the two-dimensional fabric. The principles and processes of draping, advanced flat-pattern making, and industrial construction methods using a variety of materials are investigated through project work. Assigned problems require students to make judgments regarding the design process, the nature of materials, body structure, function, and fashion.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Course fee: minimum $250 for materials; lab fee: $30.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1250 and FSAD 1450. Recommended prerequisite: drawing course.
- Students will demonstrate basic draping skills and understanding of fabric properties, sewability, support structures, embellishment, and choice of suitable materials for apparel designs.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the interactions among silhouette, line, materials, and construction choices to create quality apparel designs.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to create pattern shapes for any design.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Human Ecology Building T13
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: