- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
A successful career in food science demands integrating technical knowledge with professionalism and leadership skills. This course utilizes principles in Food Science, self-assessment, industry case studies, and hands on activities to grow students' skills in leadership, team building, networking, and professional readiness.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: first-year, second semester Food science majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FDSC 1101.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Describe social and cultural competence relative to diversity and inclusion.
- Discuss examples of ethical issues in food science.
- Employ knowledge of biology, chemistry, and physics in understanding principles of food science.
- Examine your personality type, strengths and team building skills.
- Develop strong working relationships with your Food Science classmates.
- Grow your professionalism skills, including science communication, networking, and team-based technical problem solving.
- Communicate effectively with Cornell Food Science Members & Advocates.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- M Stocking Hall M01
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: FDSC 1101. Restricted to Food Science majors.
Or send this URL: