- Schedule of Classes - March 22, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 22, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This weekend workshop trains researchers in the sciences (including natural sciences, engineering, experimental social sciences, etc.) to communicate effectively with nonscientists such as policy makers, political stakeholders, the media, and the general public. Training activities may include role-play, reading/discussion, writing press releases and other outreach materials, and discussion with invited speakers.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
- Students will be aware of multiple opportunities for communicating with public audiences.
- Students will be able to use multiple skills used in communicating with public audiences.
- Students will have acquired basic tools for writing and speaking for public audiences.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Warren Hall 101
- Mar 24, 2023
- SSu Warren Hall 101
- Mar 25 - Mar 26, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
When emailing instructor for a permission code, please include a paragraph explaining your interest in the Science Communication Workshop and its relevance for your research. Weekend workshop in partnership with Careers Beyond Academia.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: