- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Environmental problems, public health issues, scientific research-in each of these areas, communication plays a fundamental role. From the media to individual conversations, from technical journals to textbooks, from lab notes to the web, communication helps define scientifically based social issues and research findings. This course examines the institutional and intellectual contexts, processes, and practical constraints on communication in the sciences.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to identify the role and opportunities of communication in science, environment, and health.
- Students will be able to recognize the institutional and practical constraints on communication in science, environment, and health.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast science, environmental, and health communication theories to general communication, science and technology studies, sociology, and psychology.
- Students will be able to demonstrate application of communication theories.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: STS 2851
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Malott Hall 251
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: