- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course is open to first-year Cornell students in the Biological Sciences major and will involve activities and seminars designed to support students who want to engage in undergraduate research. Students will learn about the research process, explore their research interests, discover how to find and apply for research positions, receive feedback on their application materials, and discuss how to continue developing as a researcher once they secure a position. This course is designed for students with no previous research experience or with limited experience and who would like to get involved in research during the summer or upcoming academic year. Students must receive instructor permission (via application process) to enroll.
When Offered Spring.
Course Attribute (CU-UGR)
- Identify research opportunities available to Cornell undergraduates in a variety of life science fields.
- Demonstrate strategies for approaching a faculty member to discuss research opportunities with the goal of finding a research position.
- Effectively communicate their research or academic interests to peers and researchers (including faculty, graduate students, post-docs).
- Discuss common expectations of undergraduates joining a research lab for the first time.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- F Morrison Hall 334
- Jan 23 - Mar 17, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: