- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course examines the physical hardware of quantum information processing, quantum communication, and quantum sensing technologies. Topics include an analysis of qubit attributes and an introduction to the operational principles of physical qubits. Specific systems will include photonic circuits, trapped ions, superconducting quantum circuits, isolated solid-state spins and quantum dots.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MATH 1920, PHYS 1112 or PHYS 1116. Corequisite: MATH 2930, PHYS 2213 or PHYS 2217.
- Understand the basic concepts of quantum information technologies.
- Understand and explain the properties of a qubit and its representation.
- Understand and analyze quantum gate operations.
- Have knowledge of emerging quantum technology platforms and how they relate to quantum engineering goals.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: ENGRD 2550
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Clark Hall 247
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: