- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
An evaluation of the fundamental principles, structure, finance, management, and governance associated with cooperatively structured businesses, with an emphasis on agricultural cooperatives. Analyses of the cooperative business organization within the modern economy are emphasized through a mix of lectures, case study discussions, and engaged learning projects. Additional industry engagement is expected of graduate students by developing cooperative business educational curricula and delivering to relevant stakeholder audiences in collaboration with Cornell's Cooperative Enterprise Program.
When Offered Spring.
- Identify economic justifications for the cooperative as a business entity.
- Illustrate unique characteristics of the governance, finance, and management of cooperative businesses.
- Analyze contemporary issues facing modern cooperatives, with an emphasis on the challenges and opportunities facing cooperatives that compete with investor-owned firms.
- Develop tailored educational curricula and delivery methods for cooperative business stakeholders.
Or send this URL: