- Schedule of Classes - June 7, 2023 8:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 7, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Explorations in Analytic Modeling is a fully online course offering a deeper exploration of model-based approaches to quantitative decision-making within a spreadsheet platform. Applied decision-making primarily using Microsoft Excel as a business analytics tool will focus on performing descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics while addressing a wide range of business cases. Emphasis will be placed on exploration that enhances decision making to improve outcomes. This data-driven course will move the student from intro to the most complex functionality available in the Excel platform. Key topics will include data integrity, data management, visual analytics, text analytics, financial modeling, forecasting, optimization, pivot tables, simulation, and dashboard design. The course spans industries and verticals as we explore reasoning with data to address problems in business enterprises leading to optimal managerial decision-making, effective communication of recommendations, and understanding the world of business analytics.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2010.
- Apply spreadsheet modeling analysis and decision-making to different industries in business.
- Design spreadsheet models for a breadth of business situations and problems.
- Evaluate and understand the concept of data integrity and ethics associated with proprietary data.
- Manipulate large data-sets and explore data management and cleansing.
- Apply logic when making business decisions to solve real world business problems.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient data display with charts and tables through model design and experimentation.
- Infer and predict outcomes using forecasting and trending with financial impact analysis.
- Expand into more complex decision-making using multivariable scenarios.
- Create and record Macros and become familiar with VBA language syntax.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- Jan 23 - Mar 14, 2023
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
Prerequisite: AEM 2010 or equivalent. Enrollment preference given to Dyson students.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: