- Schedule of Classes - February 4, 2023 7:33PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 4, 2023 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course provides business students with an introduction to the most important tools in R for programming and data visualization. Students will learn the basics of R syntax, data structures, data wrangling, and data visualization using the grammar of graphics. After taking this course, students will have the tools to complete basic tasks in R and interface effectively with statisticians and data scientists in business settings. This course also provides a foundation for future coursework to implement more advanced statistical methods in R.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Dyson students.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will receive credit for only one course in the following group: AEM 2850, GDEV 4290, GDEV 5290, NTRES 6100, STSCI 3040, STSCI 5040.
- Develop basic proficiency in R programming.
- Understand data structures and manipulation.
- Describe effective techniques for data visualization and communication.
- Construct effective data visualizations.
- Utilize course concepts and tools for business applications.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEM 5850
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Warren Hall 150
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment preference given to Dyson students in the Business Analytics and EERE concentrations. Students are required to have a personal laptop computer to enroll.
Or send this URL: