- Schedule of Classes - June 10, 2022 7:44AM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This class provides a hands-on introduction to the design of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices using microprocessor-based embedded controllers. Students will design, debug and construct real-time IoT digital systems that illustrate and employ techniques of systems engineering. Special emphasis will be placed on communications hardware, network connectivity and network security.
When Offered Spring.
Comments Basic programming experience in C/C++ is expected.Outcomes
- Student will be comfortable working with and selecting different microcontrollers, sensors, actuators and other hardware components as appropriate for an application.
- Students will be cognizant of the various engineering tradeoffs between different communication technologies used in IoT devices.
- Students will be able to demonstrate basic understanding of computer network systems.
- Students will be able to analyze and identify common security-related issues pertaining to the design of IoT devices.
Disabled for this roster.