- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course focuses on practical data analysis involving advanced statistical methods applied to real datasets. Students will be required to attend meetings with Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU) clients. Emphasis will be placed on report writing, communicating effectively and explaining methodology and results to non-statisticians. Project lengths will vary based on the scope of the problems and could range from several short projects to a single semester-long project. Students will be required to collaborate in teams on some projects.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Intended for: PhD students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerquisite: STSCI 7170, STSCI 7180, STSCI 6520 or equivalents.
- Students will be able to integrate the statistical knowledge gained in courses and apply them to "real life" problems.
- Students will be able to learn to communicate effectively with clients to gather information needed to make the link between research questions and statistical methods
- Students will be able to research the application of statistical methodologies that are useful to clients and explain them to an audience of non-statisticians.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- R Upson Hall 146
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisites: STSCI 7170, STSCI 7180, STSCI 6520 or equivalents
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: