- Schedule of Classes - January 21, 2022 7:26PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 21, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Introduction to air and rocket propulsion. Emphasis on air-breathing gas-turbines. Chemical rocket propulsion. Brief discussion of of ramjets and of propellers. Application of thermodynamic and fluid-mechanical principles to analysis of performance and design, including fuel efficiency and environmental impacts.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ENGRD 2210/MAE 2210 and MAE 3230 or equivalents. Recommended prerequisite: MAE 3050.
- Students will be able to describe and interpret the types, characteristics, and performance measures of combustion engines used in propulsion, power generation, and road vehicles.
- Students will be able to understand the thermodynamic and fluid mechanical principles underlying their performance.
- Students will be able to predict how their performance depends on design parameters and operating conditions.
- Students will be able to describe the role of environmental and fuel considerations in their design.
Or send this URL: