- Schedule of Classes - January 21, 2022 7:26PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 21, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Project course to research, design, build, develop, and compete with a Formula SAE car for intercollegiate competition. Students work in interdisciplinary teams using concurrent engineering and systems engineering principles applied to complex mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic systems.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Engineering juniors and seniors, or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-UGR)
- Students will be able to learn and apply mathematical, engineering, and communication skills and tools. Be able to solve problems, and function in a professional environment. Be able to learn how to learn information not covered in formal courses one has taken.
- Students will be able to design vehicles that will win the Formula SAE competition. This requires an engineering systems view: consider the customers, requirements, functions, structure and implementation. To learn how to maximize the points the team will win in the competition: trading off cost, time, technology, training, etc.
- Students will be able to develop an enjoyment of engineering and the team.
- Students will be able to create conditions for future teams to be able to win via learning how to utilize engineering research and knowledge engineering.
Project Session Full.
Credits and Grading Basis
3-4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
For Engineering juniors & seniors. 3 cr: team leaders 4 cr. No pre-enrollment. M.E. Seniors taking FSAE for senior design should enroll in MAE 4291. 3 cr: team leaders 4 cr.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: