- Schedule of Classes - June 10, 2022 7:44AM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course builds on the foundation of MAE 3230. The lectures emphasize on the physics and mathematical analysis of the subject. Topics include incompressible flows, compressible flows, and computational fluid dynamics. As an integral part of the course, you will learn numerical method and how to use ANSYS/Fluent to solve flow problems. The students will develop problem-solving skills, through which to cultivate an appreciation for the rich and complex structure of fluids, and appreciation for fundamental ideas in fluid dynamics.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 3230 or CEE 3310/BEE 3310, CHEME 3230, or permission of instructor.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies senior design requirement if enrolled in MAE 4231.Outcomes
- Students will be able to understand the derivation and physical meaning of the conservation equations.
- Students will be able to derive analytical solutions to simplified problems.
- Students will be able to understand the underlying models in ANSYS/FLUENT.
- Students will be able to apply ANSYS/FLUENT to solve a range of problems.
- Students will be able to understand numerical methods and the limitations of CFD.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to design a component using CFD analysis in ANSYS/FLUENT.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Olin Hall 255
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enroll in MAE 4231 to fulfill MAE Senior Design Requirement.
Disabled for this roster.