- Schedule of Classes - June 10, 2022 7:44AM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course presents teh student with an understanding of the emerging role of the professional landscape architect. The course helps students choose a type of practice and introduces the problems and opportunities one may encounter in an office or in other professional situations. Topics include the diversity of types of professional practice, marketing professional services, office and project management, construction administration, and ethics.
When Offered Spring.
- Students will learn about the types of industry work available to landscape architects (public, private, non-profit and academic) and meet current practitioners through guest lectures.
- Students will learn about the required skills in a landscape architecture firm (project management, construction documentation, construction administration, etc.)
- Students will learn about the legal responsibilities of public health, safety, and welfare (the law as it applies to landscape architects).
- Students will discuss political, ethical and social implications of working as a landscape architect.
- Students will learn about the professional licensure process and its implications (LARE, state licensure and professional organizations).
Or send this URL: