- Schedule of Classes - January 25, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 25, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Student will engage with theoretical perspectives as well as insights from "on the ground" case studies. Effective development practice requires essential skills that blend the science and art of project and programmatic design, implementation, and evaluation. Students will build key skills related to project design, diagnostics, monitoring and evaluation. Development professionals should also remain attentive to dynamics of power in their work and ways that development projects can have complex, even contentious outcomes. Therefore, students will explore development theories and methodological approaches that enhance their ability to analyze power relations. Lastly, spotlighted case studies and guest speakers will help provide lessons and examples on which students will be able to draw. Enrollment limited to undergraduate and graduate students in Global Development.
When Offered Spring.
- Identify necessary skills related to designing, implementing, and evaluating development programs and projects.
- Apply a range of professional tools for project design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Demonstrate successful analytic reading and effective evidence-based writing for both development professionals and for public/non-specialist audiences.
- Demonstrate oral communication skills.
- Additional learning outcome for participating graduate students: Apply analytic concepts from case studies and course materials to original, independent work.
- Additional learning outcome for participating graduate students: Develop effective facilitation skills for leading select in-class discussions.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Warren Hall B75
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Please contact Lynn Morris (lm747) to request permission to add the course.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: