- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course will survey theory, research, and practice with regard to human creativity and its development. An especial emphasis will be on how to use research findings in the service of developing your own creativity. Examples of topics will include theories of creativity, research on creativity, improving creativity, mental health and creativity, and the dark side of creativity.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (D-HE, KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
- Understand the nature of creativity and how creativity can be studied empirically.
- Understand how to measure creativity.
- Understand how the nature of creativity varies across different historical periods and different cultures.
- Create a term project that seeks to understand an aspect of creativity in depth.
- Understand the relationship between creativity and other psychological constructs, such as intelligence and wisdom.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: HD 6540
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 1102
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: