- Schedule of Classes - January 25, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 25, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
The course focuses on the practical application of strategy and innovation in the global lodging industry utilizing case studies, guest lectures and analysis of current industry events, leveraging the Professor's 37-year career at Marriott.
When Offered Fall.
- Thoroughly understand and apply innovative strategies in all aspects of brands and property operations (Customer Services, Sustainability, Brand's Disruptions, etc.).
- Identify and strategically analyze different business models for branded vs non-branded companies, niche brands, owner operators, capital providers, etc.
- Approach and understand strategic decision making from the series of industry leading guest speakers. Students will benefit from the extensive lessons delivered, trends, and real-life scenarios from weekly news articles, case studies and guest speakers, specifically applied to China Market as the main example in this course.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and critique stage-of-the-brand and its strategies in operation. Propose and recommend practical, trendy and applicable strategies for such brands.
- Opportunity to connect and network with successful industry leaders and showcase strategic analytical skills through the final project presentation and report.
Seven Week - Second. Combined with: HADM 4440
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- M Statler Hall 291
- Mar 16 - May 10, 2022
Minnock III, W
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: