- Schedule of Classes - January 21, 2022 7:26PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 21, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course is a continuation of HADM 5120. In this interactive course, students will learn the different types and ways to network, how to create their own personal branding statement, best practices on how to reach out to someone you have not met before, ways to master the basics of video communications, and how to share and utilize their networks. This course expands student life and networking skills to add value and grow their knowledge, interpersonal/people skills, and experience to succeed in business and life.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Johnson College of Business students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: HADM 5120.
- Students will begin to understand what networking is, identify and explain different networking styles and techniques, and identify their own style.
- Students will start to discuss and analyze best practices, be aware of their natural style and ways they can enhance their style or leverage their natural strength and adopt characteristics of different styles.
- Students will start to identify their core strengths and understand why these matters, home in on what they love and want to do, differentiate themselves by tying their strengths to results, and use persuasive communication techniques to start creating a powerful and compelling personal positioning statement.
- Students will be able to build specific action items, have more confidence and insights into how to reach out and network on various platforms, gauge the right timing for follow-up, and understand ways to execute their plan.
- Students should be able to use best practices while using technology (video, audio, internet connection), including ensuring they have a proper background, are prepared for discussion, and present themselves properly to build relationships regardless of the medium.
- Students will be able to understand who their current network connections are, how to utilize those connections to build and strengthen relationships as well as expand their networks and share them with others.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: HADM 3121
Credits and Grading Basis
0.5 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- M Online Meeting
- Mar 7, 2022
- Apr 11, 2022
- May 9, 2022
- Jan 31, 2022
Instruction Mode: Online
This full year course is only open to those who completed HADM 5120 the previous fall semester. Students who do successfully complete this course will not receive credit for the Fall 5120 course.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: