- Schedule of Classes - January 27, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 27, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course covers the design and production of weft knit fabrics using manual flat knitting machines and programmable electronic machines. Students will explore the aesthetics of knit patterns, the shaping of knit pieces, the mechanics of knitting, and the potential of programming for knit design.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Lab fee: $150.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 2370.
- Understand both the aesthetic and performance qualities of basic knit fabric stitch structures.
- Understand the basic mechanics and vocabulary of knit machines.
- Able to translate visual research from sketchbook, swatch exploration and mood boards into knitwear garments.
- Able to program simple patterns on a computer driven knitting machine.
- Understand various yarn types and fibers in relation to knit fabrics and their perspective end uses.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Human Ecology Building T45
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Some class activities will take place on HEB T45.
Or send this URL: