- Schedule of Classes - January 27, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 27, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Project-based course in which students explore the relationship between technology and design, and the impact of production issues on manufactured activewear. Students learn computer-aided patternmaking, activewear construction methods, manufacturing technologies, communication of technical details, flats, specifications, and costing of garments. Designs are developed to various stages from conceptual work to full specification of the product and its production details, with a concentration on the iterative design process.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Course fee: $100. Cost of materials: minimum $120.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1140 and FSAD 1450.
- Students will learn distinctive characteristics of activewear design and construction methods.
- Students will learn ergonomic approach to activewear design based on an understanding of human performance, and environmental challenges.
- Students will learn technical concepts and communication processes that facilitate product development.
- Students will learn the process of product development in the apparel industry today.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Human Ecology Building T13
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: