- Schedule of Classes - June 10, 2022 7:44AM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
In this seminar course we will discuss the historical context of bias and exclusion in science, read from and discuss the primary literature to understand the science of bias and why it is present and how it has continued to persist across the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields, and identify actionable items to address and overcome these issues.
When Offered Spring.
- Participants will be able to contextualize the history of racism, exclusion, and bias in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and apply that fuller understanding to help them recognize how it continues to persist today.
- Participants will be able to assess primary scientific literature and present these findings to the class.
- Participants will identify actions we can each implement as individuals, as well as steps institutions can take, to decrease bias and promote equity and inclusion.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Comstock Hall-Academic II B108
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: