- Schedule of Classes - January 25, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 25, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Introduction to social science research. The course reviews the general process through which social scientists derive credible answers to important questions about social change and social influences on individual behavior. It covers all steps in the research process, from the formulation of a research question to the final presentation of findings. The course is designed as a preparation for future work in social science research, but it is also intended for students who simply want to sharpen their capacity to evaluate the claims made by researchers. The course combines theory and application. A group research project is used to apply the concepts and ideas from the textbook and lectures.
When Offered Spring.
- Discern what research is and what it is not.
- Describe the research cycle and the variety of approaches in conducting research.
- Conduct a research project.
- Evaluate research done by others.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: DSOC 3130
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Bradfield Hall 101
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Please contact Lynn Morris (lm747) to be added to the waitlist.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: