- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Professional Practice/Ethics is designed to prepare graduating seniors with the working knowledge and essential skills needed to pursue professional jobs and other opportunities in the competitive field of design. This course is an introduction to the Professional Practice of the design disciplines; and concepts, conventions and processes related to the design and construction industry. Emphasis is placed on professionalism, professional ethics, leadership skills, regulation of the profession, business management, contracts and negotiations, specifications, building planning controls, and other aspects of professional practice.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: DEA seniors only. Other students by permission of instructor.
- Develop an awareness of the context of the design professions.
- Investigate the ethical and professional responsibilities of Architecture and Interior Design practice.
- Explore aspects of programming, other pre-design services, and cost estimating.
- Understanding of fundamentals of professional practice: ethics, liability, sustainability, profitability.
- Ability to identify/create opportunity for professional practice.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F M Van Rensselaer Hall 4231
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: DEA seniors only. Other students by permission of instructor.
Or send this URL: