- Schedule of Classes - June 10, 2022 7:44AM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course in Discrete Optimization is focused on Nondeterministic Polynomial-hard problems but with a very strong focus on the use of Mixed-Integer Linear Programming, general-purpose solvers to attack them.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Cornell Tech students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ORIE 5380/CS 5727 or some knowledge of linear programming.
- Ability to express combinatorial optimization problems by models with linear constraints and integer variables.
- Discriminate among various types of models depending on their solvability with modern mixed-integer programming solvers.
- Analyze the complexity of the most important combinatorial optimization problems.
- Understand, design and implement mixed-integer programming algorithms to solve the developed models.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: ORIE 5135
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Or send this URL: