- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This Capstone course in Environmental and Sustainability communication bridges students' understanding of communication theory with a spring seminar and summer internship focused on the communication goals of our partner environmental organizations. Class meetings will involve a mix of lecture, readings, activities, case studies, and guest visits from local and national environmental organizations, focused on understanding and addressing communications challenges common to the field as well as those specific to individual organizations.
When Offered Multi-semester course: (Spring).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one theory and one practice course related to environmental communication, which can be taken prior to, or concurrently, with seminar.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
Comments This seminar is a required course for a new engaged learning "track" and students will be matched with an organizational partner for a paid summer internship. Students must enroll in both COMM 3080 (spring) and COMM 3081 (fall) to receive a final letter grade. Contact professors for more information.Outcomes
- Students will be able to translate research and course learning into direct application.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively across multiple platforms through engagement with the community sector.
- Students will be able to thoroughly comprehend multiple perspectives on environmental communication and develop skills to apply them in an academic and workplace setting.
- Students will be able to apply cutting-edge academic knowledge to accelerate public engagement on sustainability and environmental issues.
- Students will be able to interact with diverse communities and cultures through internships and coursework.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- R Warren Hall 173
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
For more information about the class, please visit: https://cals.cornell.edu/communication/undergraduate/undergraduate-opportunities/undergraduate-fellowships. The application can be found here: https://cals.cornell.edu/communication/comm-3080-application.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: