- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Petroleum refining and economics describing the properties of crude oils and petroleum products and the processing steps required to convert crude oil to saleable products. Refining economics, crude oil valuation and refining configuration are explored via refinery model.
When Offered Spring.
Comments Module course.Outcomes
- A basic understanding of hydrocarbon geology. (a,c,e)
- A basic understanding of hydrocarbon exploration methodologies and reservoir characterization. (a,c,e)
- A basic understanding of hydrocarbon well drilling. (a,c,e)
- A basic understanding of surface processing of well fluid and how they are converted to transportable products. (a,c,e,h)
- An understanding of petroleum refining and the interaction between processing schemes and the profitable processing of different crude oils. (b,c,e,j)
- Outcome 6: An understanding of the petroleum supply chain (c,h,j)
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Olin Hall 145
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: MEng and graduate students or by permission of instructor.
Or send this URL: