- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
The course covers foundational theory underpinning the inverse problems that naturally arise when developing technology for society. Through a treatment of theory and application, the course aims to equip students to answer questions such as: "what source/forcing/action has caused the system response I am currently observing?"; "what model parameters best instantiate a predictive model explaining certain noisy/incomplete observations of the subject system?"; and "how certain am I about any of the foregoing results?"
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MATH 2940.
- Identify an inverse problem.
- Analyze it from a theoretical point of view.
- Employ deterministic and stochastic methods to solve it.
- Apply solution methods in real-world contexts.
- Critically analyze their resulting solutions.
Or send this URL: