- Schedule of Classes - January 24, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 24, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
The goal of this intensive weekend workshop is to provide students an understanding of social issues of relevance to cancer patients. Topics to be covered may include but are not limited to psychological and economic impacts of cancer, health disparities, cancer advocacy, clinical trial access and patient rights, and public communication of science.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: COMM 5665.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Evaluate and integrate the many challenges faced by cancer patients, including physical, emotional, financial, and legal issues.
- Apply their new understanding of social issues in cancer to effectively and comfortably communicate with cancer patients.
- Critically assess the interface between the community and academic research establishment, judge where there could be improved connectivity, and design effective strategies to bring the two together.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Or send this URL: