- Schedule of Classes - January 20, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 20, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course will focus on the fundamentals of cancer genetics and genomics. Main topics include the genes and pathways that are mutated in various cancer types, mechanisms leading to cancer mutations and cancer development, current genetic and genomic methods used to study and to diagnose cancer, and how genetics and genomics are informing cancer treatment.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 2800.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS, BIO-AS)
- Explain the basic pathways and genes that lead to the development of cancer.
- Describe the various factors and complexity of genetic mutations in cancer.
- Be able to interpret genomic data and graphs relating to cancer mutations and cancer biology.
- Be able to read, understand, critically evaluate and summarize primary literature in cancer genetics and genomics.
- Articulate a research plan based on cancer genetics and genomics techniques and knowledge.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BIOMG 6880
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Fernow Hall G24
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisites: BIOMG 2800 or equivalent
Or send this URL: