- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Organizational Analytics and Leadership is a fully online course and has been developed as an analytics based approach to managerial decision making for leaders using both data in a spreadsheet platform and leadership principles. Through case development and analysis, emphasis will be placed on the exploration and application of Microsoft Excel to enhance decision making and improve outcomes. Students will leverage complex functionality available in the Excel platform while applying critical thinking as a leader. Key mechanics employed will be: data literacy, data integrity, model integrity, visual integrity, presentation integrity as well as continued work in advanced methods of data management, data visualization, financial modeling, forecasting, optimization, pivot tables, and simulation. Key topics covered could be, but are not limited to, areas such as employee productivity, succession planning, organizational safety, employee satisfaction, team dynamics, leadership, Just-in-Time inventory, recruitment and selection, training, and engagement.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 3030.
- Critically analyze cases in the management and organizational behavior disciplines.
- Evaluate problems on a case basis to determine proper methods of analysis using spreadsheet modeling.
- Design models with which to investigate and solve business problems.
- Interpret and apply analysis results to decision making using logic and industry knowledge.
- Explore a breadth of business problems faced by management considering both quantitative and qualitative inputs in decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently conceptualize and design spreadsheet models.
- Collaboratively explore and make complex decisions involving multiple variables and contingencies.
- Explain ethical implications to decisions making.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Or send this URL: